WHAT DO YOU THINK OF CHRIST?
Our Answer to the above question determines where and how we will spend eternity. On this issue there is no margin of error allowed. If we are not believing in the historical, actual, Jesus Christ – revealed in Scripture, then we are believing in one of the false Christs of which Jesus forewarned us.
- Jesus Christ is eternal; He had no beginning.
John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word…
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the second person of the Godhead and distinct from, yet one with, God the Father and God the Spirit.
John 1:1b - …the Word was with God…
John 5:18b - He was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.
- Jesus Christ is deity; He is God.
John 1:1 - …and the Word was God.
Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born … and his name shall be called … the mighty God.
- Jesus Christ is the creator of all things, even you.
John 1:3 All things came into being by Him.
- Jesus Christ, while yet remaining 100% God, became a man and still is.
John 1:14 - And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us.
1 Timothy 2:5 - For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
- Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners.
1 Tim 1:15b - Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.
Matt 1:21b - He will save His people from their sins.
- Jesus Christ came into the world to pay off the sin-debt for believers.
Heb 9:26b - manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
- Jesus Christ came into the world to conquer the grave.
2 Tim 1:10b - but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death.
- Jesus Christ to reverse the work of the devil who introduced sin and sadness into the world.
1 John 3:8 - The Son of God appeared for this purpose, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
- Jesus Christ sustains the universe and is right now in control of the world.
Hebrews 1:3b - and upholding all things by the word of his power.
1 Tim 6:15b - the King of kings and Lord of lords.
- Jesus Christ is coming back to destroy the universe with fire, judging all men and casting unbelievers in hell.
2 Thessalonians 1:7, 8 - the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel.
- Jesus Christ teaches all other religions are false; He is the only way to God, to heaven.
John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.”
TURN! Will you stop living for self? Will you forsake sin? Will you give your life to Christ to do His will as a bond-slave?
TRUST! Will you, a guilty sinner, trust that Christ died in your place to satisfy the justice of God, which demanded your payment? Do not die rejecting such love!